So you’re the best man, huh? We’re not going to lie to you – you’ve got one of the toughest jobs going when it comes to weddings. You’ve got to be funny, organised, sensitive, understanding, involved and above it all is the pressure to make it perfect for your mate – after all, the clue’s in the job title, you’re supposed to be the best man remember? Before anything else bookmark Staggered and then work your way through this little lot…
Top 3 Most-Common Best Man Fears (and How We Can Help)
1. The Stag Do
The stag do: done right it is the mother and father of all knees-up, but unfortunately you only get one chance to get it right. Fortunately, we’ve got all the stag do ideas you need to make sure that the groom’s goodbye to bachelorhood goes with a bang. We have truckloads of advice and everything you need to book an awesome stag weekend without the hassle and stress.
2. Writing and Delivering The Best Man Speech
If you’re worried about your best man speech then you need to get yourself onto our page about wedding speeches and if you would like some help with your speech, check out our brilliant professional wedding speechwriters. We don’t make any money on speechwriting, we just pass cost prices stright over to you – so make sure you say you’ve come from ‘Staggered’.
3. Saying “But, I didn’t know I had to do that”
Fear not, you are in the right place. Here at Staggered our editorial mission can be reduced to three little words: Weddings. Blokes. Sorted. To start you off we’ve put together a handy guide that should see you through the worst of it. The only fear you’ll be left with is being asked to be Best Man again and again.
Best Man Duties and Responsibilities
Wondering what your responsibilities are as best man? Worried you’ll forget something? Check your best man duties here.
Before the Wedding
- Help choose the ushers
- Ensure ushers understand their duties
- Help choose wedding suits
- Visit wedding venues
- Attend wedding suit fittings
- Plan the stag do
- Write and practice the Best Man speech
- Attend the wedding rehearsal
On The Big Day
- The Groom’s Assistant
- Help the Groom get ready
- Transport the groom to the wedding breakfast
- Take care of the rings
- Responsibility for the ushers
- Stand at the altar with the Groom
- Act as the official witness
- Direct wedding guests to the wedding breakfast from the ceremony
- Escort the Maid of Honour out of the ceremony
- Assist the photographer with rounding up everybody for photos
- Deliver the Best Man’s speech
- Read out messages from guests
- Pay any outstanding fees (organised by the Bride and Groom beforehand)
- Prepare the Bride and Groom’s car for their get-away
- Organise for the groom’s suit to be taken home
- Organise for the wedding gifts to be taken home
Other ways Staggered can help:
Sort your wedding suit here. We can even get your socks sorted.
Stuck on what to get the Bride and Groom? We’ve got a round-up of wedding presents and unusual wedding gifts here.
It’s unlikely you’ll get cold feet but you might feel a bit edgy as the big day looms. Learn how to cope with wedding nerves here.
Want male grooming advice? We’ve got fitness tips and wedding diets to get you in shape.
We’ve come over all Cosmo with wedding sex tips and advice for you. Wondering how to pull at a wedding? Find out here.
Want to know why having two best men is wrong or how to have a best woman? Plus who would be the best celebrity Best Man?
Latest Posts for the Best Man
Shoes That Will Catch Her EyeApril 9th | by Staggered
We are not lying when we say that all women at some point in their life have judged a man ...