Welcome to stag party paradise! Well, that is if you and your mates like sun, sand, beautiful women, great restaurants and the best clubs. Only 70 km from Barcelona, Lloret de Mar represents the best the Costa Brava has to offer. This former fishing village has five pristine beaches and is considered one of the finest resort locales in all of Spain.
Being a beach town, walking is going to be a great way to get around during a stag do in Lloret de Mar. The beach areas and shopping and entertainment districts are pedestrian friendly and easy to get around on foot. The city also has train service to Costa Brava locations and Barcelona and several bus services that run in and around the city. Roma Bus offers bus charters which is worth checking out – stag party bus anyone? Other options include car, motorbike and scooter rentals.
Must See/Must Do:
• Sail Away - Take the stag party offshore with a catamaran cruise. Charter Costa Brava offers beach pickup for all-you-can-eat and drink trips on the “Lady Joana.” Day cruises sail the coast and anchor so guests can enjoy various water-based activities. The Sunset Party Cruise includes a DJ and dancing - perfect for a stag party weekend in Lloret de Mar.
• Water World - Lloret de Mar’s very own large-scale water park with all the slides and other rides typical for a major attraction.
• Dona Marinera - A large brass sculpture by E. Maragall that sits on a seaside cliff overlooking Lloret’s bay. Unveiled on the 1,000th anniversary of the town’s settlement, the sculpture represents sailors’ wives waiting for them to return home.
• Hit the beach - The main beaches are Lloret de Mar Beach, Fenals Beach, Sa Boadella Beach, Santa Christina Beach and Canyelles Beach. All of these beaches offer standard amenities and even bars and restaurants. Some also offer activities like parasailing, jet skiing and wind surfing.
• Catch the races - Every fall, Spain’s rally car championship is held in Lloret de Mar - great fun for a stag party.
More than 1,000-years-old, Lloret de Mar has remnants of Iberian and Roman civilizations and the first written reference was made in 966 A.D. Despite problems with pirate attacks on the town that lasted past the 15th century, Lloret de Mar became a prominent port in the 18th century and a fishing tradition continued for many years. Now days, the main economic driver is tourism.
Lloret de Mar has a wide variety of after-dark choices for a stag party. There are a number of standard pub and bar types for a low-key evening or just to get the party started. The Hula Hula Polynesian club offers an exotic backdrop to its party. The Erotica Club offers a swanky lounge to enjoy the best pole dancing imaginable. This is a no-brainer for a stag party in Lloret de Mar. The St. Trop Disco has 30-years experience wowing crowds in Lloret de Mar. With dance floors on three floors and top DJs, this is the place to be.
This seaside resort is bursting with succulent cuisines from around the world. The local seafood is delicious and other fare ranges from traditional English and Continental to Indonesian and Mexican. Some of the finer hotels have nightly dinner shows showcasing cabaret and flamenco performers. On your stag party in Lloret de Mar be sure to try the specialty paella at Albamar on Santa Christina beach. Cantina Mexicanos Panxos has a great selection of Mexican beers and tequila to complement their authentic cooking.