Dragon boat racing is an ancient sporting activity that began more than 2000 years ago in southern China. It was introduced to the UK in the 80s and since then has developed into a highly enjoyable and popular team building event.
A Dragon Boat is a large canoe-like vessel with an ornately carved dragon's head and tail, a helmsperson in the stern keeping the boat on course, a drummer beating time and up to 16 people sitting in pairs ready to paddle.
Corporate dragon boat events are an exciting way of motivating and integrating staff from all areas of the company. Part of the sport's amazing appeal is that it manages to combine fun, teamwork in a competitive environment giving a real and lasting sense of individual achievement and team spirit.
• When guests arrive they are split into teams (attendees may wish to get into groups pre event and arrive in a team themed fancy dress, popular themes in the past includes superheroes, Vikings and animals)
• Teams get into dragon boats for an on-the-water session, paddling as directed by the experienced and qualified helmsperson (one of the event staff) and in time with their drummer - crews will have fun learning how to manoeuvre the boat, and work effectively as a team
• Teams get into boats, and paddle based on instruction by the helm on how to use their paddles to make the boat stop, steady, and are given advice on how to set off quickly and maintain the speed.
• Each session finishes with an exciting, timed, head-to-head race. Other teams will then take to the water (while you rest and spectate from dry land)
• Normally there are three races per team (depending on numbers, weather, light and amount of time), the fastest teams go through to the final, where you will find out who is the Ultimate Dragon Boat Racing team in the office. The winning team will receive a traditional chinese trophy, with medals awarded to all the finalists
Public Liability Insurance
All dragon boats and equipment
All Transport & Delivery
Professional Qualified Event Staff
Safety Boat and Qualified Operators
First Aid Cover
H&S Officer / Safety Procedures
Specific Risk Assessment
EU-approved Buoyancy Aids
High visibility Tabards (as appropriate)
Event Control base & equipment
Decorative Chinese Flags
Professional Commentary with Music
Race Results Service / Leader Board
Trophy and medals