Choose a city, grab your thinking caps, tighten the laces on your sneakers and brush off last night's hangover - it's treasure hunt time. The quick-thinking and energetic lead the way whilst the dim and out-of-breath trail behind like dead wood. This exciting urban puzzle will have you scratching your heads and recruiting your collective mystery solving skills to beat the other teams in a race against the clock.
This isn't your run-of-the-mill, pen and paper treasure hunt. No, no. We wouldn't insult you with anything but the latest and best. Utilising text message technology and scratch cards, this is the most comprehensive, organised and up-to-date treasure hunt there is, pummelling the competitors into the ground with its worldwide experience. And of course is wouldn't be a Stag or Hen Do without a little drinking thrown in for good measure.
The group will need to divide themselves up into teams of 3-5 participants, with each team receiving a ‘Team Pack'.
Self run, you choose the order in which you complete the clues in 6 coloured zones. The treasure hunt question will occupy you between pubs, the pub based question will lead you to a particular pub to reveal some information and the three pub quiz questions will give you something to test your brains whilst you have a drink! The only rule is that you must get a picture of yourselves drinking in the pubs.
The text messaging technology allows the teams to enter the game, name their team, record their finish time and receive notification of the winning team all via a mobile phone. You'll scratch off blocks corresponding to your answers on the scratch cards provided, finally revealing an alpha-numerical code which you'll text in to find out if you were successful or if you'll need to try again. Sound complicated? Far from it, this is the smoothest running treasure hunt we've ever seen.
Meeting back at the agreed finishing venue you'll meet up with the other teams to find out who was best and worst and sort out the Columbos from the Magoos.
- Groups of 5-10 receive 2 packs / Groups of 10-15 receive 3 packs / Groups of 15-20 receive 4 packs and so on...
- For those expecting to be worse for wear or who would rather leave the drinking for later, the drinking element can be removed.
- Entry to the venues on the crawl is subject to sobriety, and at the discretion of the venue staff.
- Each team will need a fully charged mobile phone to use for texting.
- The text messaging feature is free-to-use for UK mobile phones in the UK.
- Suitable footwear and clothing is advised.