It’s easy to see why Riga is one of the top destinations for stag weekends in Eastern Europe. If you're looking for some of the hottest nightlife in the Baltics, you simply don’t have to look any further! Riga has loads to offer – whether your idea of a good time is a day chock filled with high energy activities or a full pedal-to-the-metal night on the town with your stag do mates – you’ll find it all right here. There are tons of places to have fun on your stag nights and then to relax in between.
In a Nutshell:
- Expect a stag weekend that’s easy on your wallet – you’ll find inexpensive food and alcohol is plentiful in Riga. So enjoy!
- Visit in June to enjoy the Midsummer festival complete with all-night bonfire parties with beers and cheeses made especially for the event.
- Order up and try the Latvian national liqueur, Rigas Melnais Balzams (also known as Riga Black Balsam). This drink is very dark and just a bit gooey – expect it to look (but not taste!) like motor oil. You’ll only find here in Riga…so drink up!
- Riga is one of the largest cities in the Baltics, with a population of more than 800,000.
- The majority of the population of Riga is Russian.
- While the official language is Latvian, you’ll find other languages spoken here. Russian is the second most popular language with German and English running close behind it.
Out on the Town:
You’ll want to go to Riga’s Old Town because that’s where the best party action is. It’s full of trendy bars, cool lounge clubs, neighborhood pubs, hot nightclubs and everything else you’ll want to try. When ordering a beer in Riga, try Aldaris – it’s one of the most popular local beers around and we know you’ll want a taste of the region. Vodka is also quite a favorite here. During the summer the parties spill out into the streets for hot fun in the summertime. In the winter people get cozy and close with their favorite drinks and get to know each other real well. So you’ll always find a great party here in Riga!
Don’t worry about not having enough to do. In Riga you’ll have the exact opposite challenge – too many things to choose from. There’s a great party scene and lots of cool daytime activities. Check out karting, clay pigeon shooting, quad biking and paintball for some popular activities but don’t miss some old favourites you’ll really only find in Riga: the freefall simulator where you fly like a bird, dive the ocean to explore shipwrecks, try Soviet guns in a KGB shooting session, speed down a bobsled course or take an icy snowmobile safari. One thing’s for certain: your stag do in Riga will be memorable day or night!
Expect warm temperatures in the summer near 22C with lots of sunlight. Winters are chilly and usually snowy, sometimes with temperatures near -5C.
Latvian Lats (LVL). £1 = 0.97LVL (approximate) is the national currency.
Chillisauce suggests you avoid taxi stands near major hotels as they charge more than a usual fare. Remember to check that the meter is running. The easiest way to find a cab in Riga for your stag weekend fun is to hail one wherever you are. Tariffs on your cab are 0.35 – 0.40 lats in the daytime and 0.40 – 0.60 lats in the evening running between 22.00 and 06.00. Most taxis will accept credit cards, just check for a sticker in the window that they will do this.