If you’re looking for an activity to make the weekend memorable, or something to bring together a group of girls who don’t all know each other , then cocktail making, or mixology as it’s called, is the perfect solution.
Experienced, professional and friendly mixologists will take you step by step through the history of cocktails and then show you how to make three of the classics, before handing you the bottles and letting your imagination and creativity run wild.
As you experiment under expert guidance as to what works and what doesn’t, you’ll start to appreciate a whole new art form and most excitingly develop skills which you can then hone with friends and family in the years to come.
Each group will have one or more cocktail ambassadors who will brief you on the day's activities before giving a short introductory talk on the history of the cocktail and the origin of the word. You get to toast the host with some flavoured vodka shots too!
The ambassador will then make an introduction shot for the group where he/she will explain what all of the bar tools are used for. If you don't know the difference between a Hawthorn strainer and a Boston shaker, you'll find out.
Everyone then makes a classic cocktail behind the bar, and in turn, gets a second trip to the other side of the taps to make a classic cocktail of their choice from the menu - Woo Woos, Cosmos, even Bond Martinis!
The event will end with a mini quiz with two free cocktail vouchers each on offer for the winning team. To soak up some of the alcohol, your group will also have a couple of food platters to nibble at, with a wide variety of food.
- Cocktail ambassadors
- Welcome flavoured vodka shot
- History of the cocktail
- Bar tools and skills
- Balancing taste
- Demo cocktails and tasting
- All guests shake up cocktails behind the bar including competition/games (each guest gets a minimum of 2 cocktails to make/drink) A further 4 or 5 demo cocktails are passed around the group too.
- Special Platter or Mezze Platter - one platter per three people.
- Farewell 'Vodka Train' for the group.
1-2 hours. This may vary depending on the size of your group.
- With over 10 private party areas to choose from we can cater for all of your needs and are happy to create bespoke party packages for you!
- For an additional charge a two or three course meal can be arranged.