Take to the WWII bombing range and prepare to engage in a thrilling bout of Paintball Tank Battle – the only game of its kind in the UK. There are a total of 10 different tanks available, each of which is fitted with fox turrets and 40mm paintball cannons. The cannons have been specially commissioned to fire from the turret of the tank, making the event as realistic as possible.
Three participants and an instructor can fit inside each tank, and you will all be expected to take a particular role: either that of driver, gunner or commander. The instructor will take you around the rugged 1 mile circuit track and inform the team on how to operate the tank proficiently.
Then it’s time to negotiate the circuit for yourself: expect to face steep hills, sharp bends and numerous obstacles. The 3 of you will complete 3 laps of the circuit and rotate your positions of driver, gunner and commander.
Let Battle Commence!
Next it’s time to get serious as you and the team batten down the hatches, take your designated positions and prepare to fire giant ping pong-sized paintballs at high velocity! Your opponents will be in an identical tank, ready to engage you in serious warfare. You will be expected to navigate the tank by strictly using periscopes, adding to the realism of your mission. Once the tanks have reached the ‘Arena’ area, you will situate them in various positions before firing at your enemy in this timed event. Points will be scored on the number of direct hits the tanks make against each other – so make sure each shot counts!
Allow approximately 2.5 - 3 hours for this event.
- People over 6'4" and over 22 stone may have difficulty fitting in the tank.
- This event is weather dependant and only tends to run from late March to late October. (Snowcat Patrols are available as an alternative in winter months).
- 3 participants and 1 instructor per tank.
- Radio headsets, Kevlar helmets, tank suits & gloves included.
- You do not need a current driver’s licence to drive the tanks.
- Maximum of 30 people per session.